Mozilla Developer Road Show 2019 at Singapore


Date : November 18,2019

A day in Mozilla developer road show 2019 at Singapore

I was really excited to meet a lot of Mozillians at the event and it happened finally !!

The event registration starts at 6 pm at Grab, Marina One, Singapore. After my office hours, I headed towards Grab's office to attend the roadshow as Grab hosted this event. A special thanks to the Grab team for arranging this platform !!


I reached the show around 6:30 pm and by the time the event started and Ms.Ali Spivak from Mozilla was talking about "Introduction: What's New at Mozilla" , the session was really useful covering some of the features of the latest Firefox browsers and how it is developed focusing user privacy and security.


Secondly, My favorite session on Mozilla WebThings: Manage Your Own Private Smart Home Using FOSS and Web Standards started and Ms.Kathy Giori from Mozilla was talking all about the features of the IoT gateway and how users can secure their home and control their smart devices without a cloud. The session was really interesting and she also showcased some smart devices like door sensors, color LEDs, smart speakers and so on. After the session, I was talking to her in person about how to fine tune this gateway and how mozillians can support such an amazing project. The personal session with her was really productive and it is one of the unforgettable moment in my life. I came to know about a lot of open source tools and how mozillians can support WoT research community etc. In this blog I would like to say a special thanks to Kathy Giori !!






After that, Philip Lamb talks about Developing for Mixed Reality on the Open Web Platform, the session was very much interesting and fun explain some of the wide use cases of VR technologies in industries. I came to know about picked.cc platform to choose right VR devices and it is really awesome. This session made me to focus more on VR technologies and contribute to open web platform.




Later, Ms. Hui Jing Chen was talking more about CSS styles, tables and how Firefox Dev tools can help developers to create a worry free css layouts. Her session was totally fun as she was talking full in Singlish which is Singapore's unique English..haha

Then Mr.Sriraghavan subramanian from Grab talked about the Percentage Rollout for Single Page web applications followed by Vanetia Tay about Designing for User-centered Privacy

As whole, this roadshow is worth my time and I learned and came to know about lot of new technologies in the open web ! Yay !!

Comments